- Doctor of Philosophy (PH.D.): 1992. Department of Geography, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, India. Ph.D. Thesis:POPULATION PRESSURE AND RESPONSES IN TERRACE CULTIVATION: A STUDY OF BEGNAS TAL – RUPA TAL WATERSHED, POKHARA, NEPAL.
- M.Sc. in Human Settlements Development Planning, 1988. Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand. Thesis: RURAL-URBAN LINKAGE AND DEVELOPMENT: A CASE STUDY IN THE POKHARA VALLEY.
- M.A. in Geography 1981. Department of Geography, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur. Dissertation: VARIABILITY OF RAINFALL AND TEMPERATURE IN NEPAL.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Rural Regional Planning and Development
INTEREST AREA: Environment and Development
- Muslims of Miyapatan and Their Educational Status, Pokhara, Nepal, The National Inventive Review, Vol. 4, May 2008, pp. 1-8.
- Farmland Management Practices in the Hills of Nepal, The National Inventive Review, Vol. 2, December 2006, pp. 15-21.
- District Development Planning to Fulfill the Basic Needs of Rural Areas: GIS-Based Assessment: A Case Study of Kaski District, Nepal”, (with Rajesh Thapa) Proceedings of the Map India 8th Annual International Conference, (http://www.mapindia.org/2005/papers/Utility), February 7-9, 2005, Delhi, India.
- Spatial Analysis of Survival Strategy of Farmers in Nepal, The National Inventive Review, Vol. 1, December 2005, pp. 21-25.
- Population Movement and Its Consequences in Nepal”, The Himalayan Geographers, Vol. 4-5, September 2005, pp. 27-32.
- Problem with Good Governance in Nepal”, (with T. B. Chhetri), Janapragyamanch, Vol. 6, 2005, pp. 46-51.
- People’s Participation in Wildlife Conservation and Development of Simpani Village in Annapurna Region”, Journal, Vol.1, No.1, Oct. 2002, pp. 26-38.