Yuba Raj Pandey
Regional Director (Senior Scientist, S-4)
Nepal Agricultural Research Council (NARC) Regional Agricultural Research Station, Lumle
- Master’s Degree: Horticulture (Vegetable physiology), Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand
Master’s thesis: Production of disease free seed rhizomes of ginger (Zingiber officinale) through tissue culture
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Vegetable physiology
INTEREST AREA: Horticulture research
1. 1996, Influence of photoperiods on dormancy and rhizome formation of ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe). Kasetsart J. (Nat. Sci.) 30(3): 386-391.
2. 2000, Diversity of taro and on-farm conservation through use in Nepal. Proceedings of the Symposium on Ethnobotanical and Genetic Study of Taro in China. Chinese Society for Horticultural Science and International Plant Genetic Resources Institute. Pp 18-25.
3. 2003, Evaluation of cauliflower varieties and their planting dates for commercial production under Jumla agro-ecological condition. Proceedings of the Second SAS/N Convention, Society of Agricultural Scientists (SAS), Nepal. Pp 207-210.
4. 2004, Participatory varietal evaluation of vegetable crops in the western hills of Nepal. Proceedings of the Fourth National Workshop on Horticulture, Nepal Agricultural Research Council. Pp 299-305.
5. 2006, Evaluation of vegetable type cowpea varieties for commercial production in the river basin and low hill areas. Society of Agricultural Scientists (SAS) Journal. 7:16-20.
6. 2006, Participatory varietal evaluation of rainy season tomato under plastic house condition. Society of Agricultural Scientists (SAS) Journal. 7:11-15.
7. 2006, Ginger integration in maize based cropping system for increased income in the hills of Nepal. National Academy of Science and Technology (NAST) Journal. 7:19-22.
8. 2007. Evaluation of tomato varieties and their planting dates for commercial production in agro-ecological condition of Jumla. Green Field (Journal of Himalayan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology). 6:26-31.
9. 2009, Nutrients management in banana in the river basin areas of the western mid hills of Nepal. Agriculture Development Journal. 6:26-31.
10. 2011, Variability of French bean in the western mid hills of Nepal. Kasetsart J. (Nat. Sci.). 45:780-792.