• Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): 2011. Faculty of Life Sciences, Copenhagen University, Denmark.
Ph.D. Thesis: Livelihoods, Forests, and Poverty in the Nepal Himalaya
• Master of Science: 2005. Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway.
M.Sc. Thesis: Community Forestry Program in the Hills of Nepal: Determinants of User Participation and Household Dependency.
• Master’s Degree: 1993.Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Poverty, livelihoods and community based resource management
INTEREST AREA: Socio-economic modeling
• Chhetri, B.B.K., Larsen, H. O. and Smith-Hall, C. (2012). Law Enforcement in Community Forestry: Consequences for the Poor. Small-scale Forestry 2011, DOI: 10.1007/s11842-011-9194-7
• Chhetri B. B. K., Lund J. F. and Nielsen Ø. J. (2012): The Public Finance Potential of Community Forestry in Nepal. Ecological Economics 73(113-121
• Chhetri, B.B.K. (2011): How do households cope with income shocks? Evidence from rural Nepal. In: Natural Resources Management: Reviews and Research in the Himalayan Watersheds II, a special publication of NUFU HIMUNET Project, Vol II, Balla, M.K. and Singh A..(eds), p. 50-62, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Forestry, Pokhara, Nepal.
• Chhetri, B.B.K., Larsen, H. O. and Smith-Hall, C. (2010): Stakeholder perspectives on patterns and causes of forest crimes in Community Forestry in Nepal. Scandinavian Forest Economics, 43:353-364.
• Chhetri, B.B.K. (2010): Community Forestry in Nepal: Determinants of Users’ Participation and Resource Dependency. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, 100 pp.
• Chhetri, B. B. K. (2010): Inequality and forest dependence on community forest resources in Nepal. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustaining Commons: Sustaining Our Future – a 13th Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC)-2011.
• Chhetri, B.B.K., Larsen, H. O. and Smith-Hall, C. (2010): Poverty, inequality and forest dependence in rural Nepal. In: Proceedings of the National Conference on Forest-People Interaction, Balla, M. K. and Singh A. K. (eds), P. 76-88, Tribhuvan University, Institute of Forestry ,Pokhara, Nepal.
• Chhetri, B.B.K. (2010): Forests for the poor in communities of rural Nepal. Poverty Environment Network (PEN) news article. Centre for International Forestry Research (CIFOR). Available at: http://www.cifor.cgiar.org/pen/_ref/news/penews/2010/penews-3-2010.htm#project1[Accessed February 16, 2011].